Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Millions Of Americans Have Stepped Into "The Tiger King" Trap On Netflix During Their "Stay-At-Home" Quarantine

     I guess you can say I got "caught" up in it watching "The Tiger King" on Netflix during my three and half day "staycation" recently.  I was "hooked" as they also say.

     And so are millions of other Americans who are working on their third week of doing time during their self-imposed, stay-at-home quarantine because of the COVID-19 or Coronavirus that's attacking people all over the world.  But some people still have to work and I am one of them.  However, I did have a little time off recently and all I accomplished while being home besides walking the dog around the neighborhood a bunch, cleaning the gutters out on the house, was finish watching the seven part, "ride wide" series of "The Tiger King."

  Everybody has been raving about this crazy documentary on social media lately especially on Facebook.  This attention grabbing documentary on Netflix is about an eccentric character named Joe Exotic who is really out there and who owns a bunch of tigers and wild animals on some land in Oklahoma. He's gay and married to two guys.  Lots of drugs and guns were involved too apparently. He ran a zoo, had a very successful reality internet show and was making a lot of money.  But then comes this cat loving lady named Carol Baskin of "Big Cat Rescue" located  in Tampa, Fla.  She is an animal rights activist who was trying to put Joe and some other tiger owners out of business across the country. But then Joe goes to war with her.  I'll leave the rest to your imagination as to what happens. Here's are some of my comments that I posted about the documentary on Facebook.


"I think it’s the perfect case study where somebody started out small and humble and then money and ego went to their head. Also, greed and narcissism got the best of Joe Exotic. When Carol of Big Cat Rescue started threatening his livelihood, he started attacking her back and digging dirt up on her on his internet reality show. Then he found the mother load. He found out about her second husband going missing and he started accusing and attacking her of that in public on his show. He should have just left her alone I think."


"Also, I am no psychiatrist but it appears to me that Joe most likely has some sort of mental illness such as bi-polar because of his severe mood swings portrayed on the series. Maybe he was already diagnosed but wasn’t taking his meds and drinking alcohol and using street drugs. Or he was taking his meds but drinking alcohol and using street drugs on top of the meds. Who knows for sure though."

    So I hope I didn't spoil the documentary for you in this blog.  If you haven't watched the "The Tiger King," you need too.  You'll step into a trap like millions of Americans have currently while they are sitting at home basically doing nothing except walking the dog, cleaning the gutters out and binge watching Netflix.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and polite. Thank you.

The New "Bob Marley: One Love" Movie Is Jamming While Bringing Back Good Memories For His Fans

 Nowadays there's so much to watch on TV. Actually, there's really too much to watch in my opinion.  We got internet streaming flat ...