Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Filming of Sleeper Agent's "Get Burned" Video In Bowling Green, Ky.

   Tony got home from the most recent Sleeper Agent show in Atlanta with another indie rock band called "Awolnation" around 3 a.m. this morning.  He had to get up at 8 a.m. to go to the filming of the video for "Get Burned," the next single off Sleeper Agent's album, "Celabrasion."  Get Burned is one of my favorite Sleeper Agent songs.  It's peppy and it has an upbeat tempo.youtube.com/watch?v=rFMPUHmmp2c
   I asked him if I could drop by for a little bit on my lunch hour to see the video filming and he said "Sure, Dad," like there would be no problem at all.  So I did.  It was being filmed upstairs at the old "Spot Cash and Carry Clothing Store" in downtown Bowling Green which is now Labold and Sons Salvage Co.youtube.com/watch?v=1_sk_e93Hk8  Apparently, they have a lot cool, old vintage stuff in there.  Even Robert Plant from the former classic rock band, Led Zeppelin dropped by there one day a couple months ago and spent a little time looking around.
   I walked in the store and said, "Hello, I'm Tony's dad from Sleeper Agent and I was wanting to know where they are filming the video."  And the nice lady named, "Danielle, the owner said, "Oh, it's upstairs." And she had her assistant to show me the way.  As we were heading up the stairs, the young lady said, "Watch your head, you can bump it easily here," and so I watched my head.  I was led down a dark, dusty, attic looking hallway which also looked an old dilapidated apartment which I bet was at least 100 years old or more.
   I found Tony, Alex, Justin, Josh, Scott and Lee all sitting in this old room with covered antique chairs, couches and benches waiting for the next scene to be shot.  Of course, the room was filled with cigarette smoke.  Matt Shutlz from Cage The Elephant who was directing the video and he was running up and down the hallway wearing black jeans and boots and a black cowboy hat and shirt.  He saw me and said, "Hey Galen and came into the room gave me a big hug as I stood up."  "Good to see you, Matt, " I said.  He said, "Good to see you too, Galen."  Matt then continues to run down the hallway.
    I sat back down next to Tony and another young guy comes in and takes everyone's order for Subway sandwiches.  He offered me one but I declined because I had already eaten.  Also, Darby, the marketing director for Mom + Pop Records from New York City was there and she came in and shook my had and introduced herself to me.  She said, "It's such a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Smith." And I said, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Darby. I've been seeing you on Facebook."
  "That's right, we're Facebook friends, aren't we?" she said with a big friendly smile. "Yes, we are," I said.
After a while, I got up and walked around and took a few photos.  The place was dark and cramped.  I felt like that I could easily get in everyone's way.  So I went back downstairs.  Some of the band members had also gathered downstairs and went outside for a few moments.  Then Tony came down too.  He offered for me to stay awhile longer.  But I told him that I needed to get back to work.  We gave each other a big hug and we agreed that we would see each other at the house tonight.
   As I was driving off, I thought to myself, "You know, it must be really fun and exciting to be young and be in a rock band, shooting videos and traveling all over the country as well as playing before thousands of fans."  But then again, that lifestyle is not for everyone I thought. It takes a certain kind of person. You've got to be young, energetic, talented and really, really want it bad.  Also, it takes tons of hard work. And Sleeper Agent has it and done that.
     Now I can't wait to see the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and polite. Thank you.

The New "Bob Marley: One Love" Movie Is Jamming While Bringing Back Good Memories For His Fans

 Nowadays there's so much to watch on TV. Actually, there's really too much to watch in my opinion.  We got internet streaming flat ...