Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Poor Ole Sad Sam Will Be Even Sadder If Fireworks Become Legal in Bowling Green, Ky.

Bam! Boom!



The City of Bowling Green, Ky., will take a second vote on the issue of fireworks tonight on whether to make them legal in Kentucky's third largest town. However, I am a little confused. I thought that they were already legal here. At least the kind that are not bottle rockets, firecrackers, M-80's or rockets and etc., I suppose. I guess as long as it is anything that will not explode or shoot up in the air, it's okay to sell currently. In other words, they have to basically be fireworks for kiddie such as sparklers, smoke bombs and spinning fireworks-these are the only kind that you can buy in Bowling Green these days, I think.



However, if the new law passes (which I feel it will because I am already seeing vendors renting buildings in the city to sell the the good kind of fireworks), thousands of citizens will no longer have to flock over to the Tennessee state line to that famous mega fireworks seller-Sad Sam. Sad Sam is a gigantic fireworks and gift/grocery store which sells tons of fireworks every Fourth of July and they also sells bottle and can beer year around on Sundays. You can't get that in Bowling Green on Sundays either so many beer drinkers drive down there for that reason too.



Don't get me wrong. I love Sad Sam. It's been tradition for years for our family to make that drive down there and back to get our firework fix. But I think it's a great idea to see the "good kind of fireworks" to become legal in the City of Bowling Green. Not only will it generate revenue for the city through sales tax and vendors fees (I read in our local newspaper that they have to pay a $1,000 for a vendor fee to get set up) and they also have to rent buildings. I think they are still debating on tent sales for these type of fireworks. Also, it will save us, the consumers of those happy and fun-filled explosive products from having to spend more money on gas to make that drive down to the Tennessee state-line and back which is about a 75 mile round trip.




So if it passes tonight, poor ole Sad Sam will be even sadder and the citizens of Bowling Green will be even more happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and polite. Thank you.

The New "Bob Marley: One Love" Movie Is Jamming While Bringing Back Good Memories For His Fans

 Nowadays there's so much to watch on TV. Actually, there's really too much to watch in my opinion.  We got internet streaming flat ...